Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Fake Thanksgiving.

I tried to make a Thanksgiving dinner for the family. I started yesterday with my signature piece. Pumpkin Pie. I don't mean to brag (well, really, I kind of do), but I make KILLER pies, pumpkin being the best one. I'm not sure if it was the frozen crust I used (I usually cheat with the rolled kind in the refridgerator case) or perhaps a failed temperature conversion, but something went wrong. Something went terribly wrong. The second pie attempt (pies 3 and 4) turned out better. At least I assume so, because Daddy has eaten an entire half of one of them.

As for the baby, I'm not sure if he enjoyed dinner or not, but he's sound alseep now. We're hoping to get on the airplane home the day after tomorrow, but there's no guarantees. If we don't we will be spending the money I'd had set aside for my new washer and dryer on two one-way tickets home, but then, we'll probably have to stay a bit longer too.

This post a day thing is harder than I thought it would be. I don't have much to say today that is witty, or comical. I really don't have much to say at all. Hopefully I'll have something better to write about tomorrow.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Amen sister... I thought it would be so easy (well, not really) but hey, they say it only take 7 days to make a habit (or something like that, right?) So maybe, just maybe by the end of the month, I'll be in the groove of posting every day. Or at least more often. Of course, it may just cause me to throw in the towel all together, and run screaming way from all technology... :)