Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Now what do we do?


Now that we've seen it, we can't KILL it?! What do we do?

We were outside looking for Not The Momma's Softball mitt, when we noticed a new hole. Hmm, darn it. Then, after finding the mitt, we noticed dirt flying out of said hole. When we tried to flood, he tried to flee. He fled the wrong way.

So. Now what do we do? We're thinking of setting it free, somewhere far far away from here. If it gets eaten by a coyote, that's not our problem, right? Why do I suddenly feel guilty for trying to kill a rodent?

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

I don't think I would be able to kill it either. I could let someone else do it though. :0) How does your hubby feel about gopherslaughter?

Love the picture of the wee one with his devilish chocolate grin. Priceless!

Momma Mary said...

That's just it! He couldn't kill it either.. I guess we're all bark and no bite.

Vanessa said...

Geeze, it is awfully cute. Cute like the little bunnies that were born in our yard one spring. I said, hubby, please don't kill the little baby bunnies, they are so cute. Guess what? Cute little baby bunnies grew up to be full size flower eating, vegetable stealing rodents. I should have made him take them to the woods. Never again will I space the lives the the cute little bunnies.

I don't know what to tell you about the gopher. Sorry.