Thursday, May 22, 2008

False Alarm?

Yeah. So. I don't think it's chicken pox. So, the pharmaceutical manufacturers are safe from my wrath today. So far.

The bumps from yesterday are gone. He has a few others. I did give him an antihistamine last night though. Could it be allergies? They were mowing yesterday and the wind was blowing OUT OF CONTROL.

I don't know. It isn't bothering him. No fever. It doesn't look terrible. If it gets worse throughout the day today, I'll call this afternoon. And give him some more antihistamine.

You really did want to know about the little bumps didn't you? Really. I couldn't leave you all in the dark thinking that my poor child had chicken pox. Because really it would be poor me. As long as it isn't chicken pox, I can LEAVE THE HOUSE! yeah!

4 comments:

annasmommy said...

hey Mary, has he had anything new to eat in the past few days? Right before Easter Anna got a bunch of spots that looked like what you described, they started on her belly. I thought they were flea bites at first because we stayed with my dad that night and he has dogs, but they went away with benadryl and came back in sometimes new spots. It turned out to be an allergic reaction to fresh strawberries, wait...let me rephrase that, ONE fresh strawberry. She had had strawberry fruit juice and yougurt before but she is allergic to fresh strawberries. So hopefully you can get it figured out. We just had to wait for Anna to poop it out, and yes, it was still partially together LOL it was gross, but as soon as she got it out of her body she quit breaking out all together.

Ashlee said...

So glad it's not the pox. :0) I did want to know!

glitterrs said...

This is my day all day long.... What are these spots? How could he get this if he's vaccinated? Why isn't the skin getting better? Skin, skin, skin. After vomiting and diarrhea, it's the second highest reason people take their pets to the vet. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Jessica White said...

Oh my! Chicken pox are never fun! Fortunately they weren't it: Sounds like an allergy of some sort.