Sunday, March 02, 2008

I bid you Adieu

My dear friend. I've used you for quite a few months now. I was hoping our relationship would last a big longer, but after the little incident, tonight, I'm not sure that we're 'working' anymore.

Diaper Genie, I think that time and moves have taken their toll on you. We tried buying you the new bags for older babies, but, well, they just don't do the job either. Tonight, as Not the Momma pushed your scissor button to cut your bags, I knew. I knew as I nearly lost the entire slice of lemon cake all over my clean hallway floor, that our run is over.

As long as Playtex doesn't discontinue you, I'm sure you may come to be useful again sometime in the next 5 years or so, but until then, I bid you Adieu.

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

I had a friend who used one of those things, and after baby #1 put it in storage. They got it out when baby #2 was coming...they realized they had left one diaper in the Genie before storing it...let's just say it didn't smell so well. They tossed it. :0)

Anonymous said...

Haha that is great.

Vanessa said...

We never got one of those. We just put stinkers in the bag the newspaper comes in. We have a lot of them saved up, because for a while little man was only pooping every 5-6 days, and it was almost always at daycare. :) So for three months (well, maybe not that long.. maybe more like 6 weeks) I didn't change a poopy diaper. Lucky me. THe next one is going to cry all the time and poop 12 times a day. Karma is one mean lady...