Friday, March 07, 2008

Add this to my list...

of stupid things I've done:

Subscribed to the US Geological Survey's Earthquake Feed. Yeah. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb. Did I say that was dumb? It started out because I wanted to be 'sure' I would know what one felt like. But instead, with every update, I'm concerned that the state of Alaska, the southern end of Greece, and most of Indonesia are going to sink into the ocean. And, don't even get me started on the Earthquake in Wyoming. Did you hear me? You might have heard me screaming about the supervolcano that was about to erupt, dooming us all.

There can be such a thing as too much information. And this, THIS would be one of those things. But now, I'm like a rubbernecker watching a terrible accident. I can't unsubscribe. I'm addicted. I want to be in the KNOW if suddenly the world is going to end because of a massive volcano eruption or earthquake.

Yuppers, this is in my top ten of stupidest things I've done in the last five years. Right behind that one time when I wrapped my dog's injured leg a little too tight causing it to blow up to be the size of a coconut (not really a coconut, but very big, and I felt bad for weeks, I still do).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have their site bookmarked! it's nice to have a check from time to time and see if the rumbling you felt was actually something and how much of something...it's cool.