Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Miniature Incredible Hulk.

Oh how I wish I had a picture of the events that transpired here this morning. (It crossed my mind, but I think discipline was a bit more important than photographic evidence. This time.) Little Monster spends some time every day playing by himself while I do chores clean house go to the bathroom play around on the internet. He normally enjoys this time. He watches Super Why and Sesame Street while playing with his trains and his cars.

This morning, however, he was not so much into playing by himself. I was leaving and Not the Momma was playing with knives (and destroying them) and replacing bicycle innertube tires. He didn't really have a choice. It was his play room or the crib.


When I put him over the fence I could swear he said "You won't like me when I'm angry." Well, if I was a dog, and could have heard the shrill sound that came out of his mouth when he went in, I think that's what he would have said. He immediately went over to his leap frog music table. This one:



"Good," I thought, he'll hit a button and all will be right in his world. OH no. Not today. Today, he screamed a scream I'd never heard before, picked up the table, held it over his head, and threw it across the room. I immediately went over to him, and told him how naughty that was, and put him in time-out. (Yes, Nessa, it works!) I let him sit there and cry for about a minute and a half. Then, I told him that it's okay to be angry, but he can NOT throw his toys, because it was dangerous and he could get hurt. Not to mention the fact that we were going to run out of clothing quickly if he turned green and shredded his clothing every time he didn't get his way. He gave me a hug, and went back into his room. Sans temper tantrum this time.


I think we're in trouble. Lord, help us. This child:

backpack copy
is becoming this:

And I, I'm not ready to try to put that into time-out.

7 comments:

Ashlee said...

Holy cow! Talk about mega muscles! He picked up the table? We have one of those tables and my daughter couldn't have done that at his age. You do have an incredible hulk! Good luck with that one! :0)

annasmommy said...

I know what you mean, Anna will take and pick up some pretty heavy stuff. Most people think just because they're tiny, they're weak and vulnerable. Vulnerable...maybe...weak, not so much. Anna has a leap frog table and she picks it up and carries it from her room to the living room without even thinking of taking a break LOL so far she hasn't thrown anything big like that, but I'm dreading the day when she realizes she can.

When Little Monster decides to start shredding his clothes off during a tantrum, PLEASE make a video LOL I know I'm crazy, but then maybe you can show it to him and he'll see how silly he looks when he's angry.

Vanessa said...

Hmm. I'll have try toddler time out then. Cause little man, he has got an attitude lately.

Kristine said...

Wow!

He sure is adorable though!

Amanda said...

Oooooh. Scary. That table looks awfully big for a little guy to lift over his head and throw!!!

I'm trying to think of all the things that happened to superheroes to make them that way...like, has he been bitten by a special spider, or touched a meteorite, or come into contact with radioactive slime lately?

Katie said...

Via NaComLeavMo...
But surely even the Hulk loves his Mum!
At least he'll probably be really strong when he grows up and will do all the heavy lifting jobs you need doing!

Lisa said...

Awwww!!!! It's so great that he stayed in time out. Isn't it amazing how quickly they start to show their little tempers.