Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Not a boy, but a little man...

Today, this little Boy:












Turned into this little boy:

















The baby got his first haircut. I feel I owe a big thank you to Emily of Five Willows Salon. She cut his hair, and put all of those curly locks into an envelope. He was very well behaved. No tears were shed (by the baby) as the hair fell to the ground. He was very proud to be such a big boy getting his hair cut. He even inspired me to get a trim. Tears (or lack thereof) aside, it was still tiring. I held him while he squirmed. Emily did a great job. I have been having anxiety that she would accidentally stab him in the soft spot with the pointy end of those scissors because he would jump up or something. Needless to say, that didn't happen. He is home and happy sleeping away in his crib.
The day didn't start out as well as it ended. Again. He spent the better part of the morning screaming because he didn't want to take a nap. I have been terribly busy with my design work; today was no exception. I felt like a horrible mom, but I really needed him to take a nap so that I could concentrate on some of the work I needed to get done. After a few hours of no sucess, I broke down. I strapped him into the car and drove around aimlessly. Not completely aimlessly. We stopped at starbucks where I ordered my caramel macchiato (which I failed to order as a half-caff). THEN we drove around aimlessly trying to find wi-fi hotspots. We drove up 40th street to Old Cheney thinking I was going to stop at Bagels & Joe, not sleeping. We drove up Old Cheney and thought perhaps we would go to Bennet Martin Library, but after deciding that the parking lot was probably too far away from their router, headed home. He refused to fall asleep. I kept driving aimlessly around southeast Lincoln. We drove around and around and around. Finally, he fell asleep. One block from Culvers. I stopped and got some of the "gotta have it done now" stuff done. I actually got my work done before 10pm, and hence, I am going to bed before 2am. Yay me!

No comments: