Friday, September 14, 2007

Should be sleeping...

Like the baby. We stayed at my in-laws last night. It was nice. The baby slept fairly well considering he was in an odd place. He is walking like crazy now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for leaving comments friends.. and husband! Although, I wouldn't say that having your vas deferens tied would be "fixing" anything! Ha ha! At any rate, I love when people leave comments. It makes me want to post more. Which adds pressure, because I feel this crazy urge to write about "important" stuff. I also feel like all the English teachers of the world are reading this and judging me. I won't judge you -- or your grammar (unless of course, you incorrectly correct mine in front of a bunch of people, but then I've already ranted about that). Every time I post a blog I think of Mrs. Strand. And that teacher I had in some portable building. I think it was at Park Middle School. (Sorry teacher, that I can't remember your name..) I know that I should put punctuation outside of parenthesis if they are inside of a sentence (Thank you Mrs. Strand). <-- See, period. Outside of parenthesis. Also, every time I want to write the word "stuff" or "thing" I think of Jr. High English teacher who had banned those words. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hate cable/satellite/telephone installations. It has got to be the worst part about moving. I am most certainly NOT looking forward to it. Not. At. All. I just spent the last couple of days at my in-laws. Did I say that already? They were having their whole phone/Internet/cable thing set up. The phone was supposed to have been turned on Thursday. I got there around 1. No caller ID, no new phone company. Father in Law called finally around 4:30. By the time we got back from dinner it was hooked up, but it took me 3 hours on the phone to get a hold of anyone to find out why the modem wasn't connecting to the broadband service. They were set up somewhere in Texas. Fools. So, it takes 24 hours to fix that (it was 8 pm by that point). But I was supposed to start trying around 10am for service. I still couldn't connect when I left at 6:30. I tried calling at 4:00, but they wouldn't do anything because it hadn't been 24 hours yet. Am I wrong for not believing that it was going to be fixed? We'll find out Tuesday. That wasn't too bad.
The guy coming to hook up the TV gave a 4 hour window. "He will be there between 8 and noon." 11:00 comes, and we get a call. "He's running late. It will be 1:30." My question about that is this: You move, you work hourly and have to take off half the day to have the cable installed. Because you get paid hourly, you probably aren't making much money and need every penny. What do you do when they say that? You've already lost half a day of work. What happens when you call in and tell your boss this? What if your boss is a jerk and decides that he is going to fire you? I think it is wrong. Okay. It is time for me to go to bed. I have completely lost track of where I was going with this. I have failed my English teachers. again. :::tear:::

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Update* I did fail my English Teachers with this post. I re-read it. It was awful! I fixed my grammar. Well, hopefully most of it. I also fixed the spelling errors.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I also hate the companies that give a 4 hour window. I mean, really, how hard is it to narrow that down. Or call me when you pull up to the house that is two before mine and let me know you'll be at my house in about 45 minutes. But no, between 8 and noon. And then to be later than that 4 hours? Um, thanks, but you can come back on MY schedule, I am paying YOU for a service, so I should be getting service. I want to be the FIRST stop tomorrow morning. I want a free install. Does this ever happen? No. That was my very favorite part about buying our house. I had to be home for three separate 4 hour periods, so they could read meters, set up phones, whatever. And of COURSE the couldn't all come during the SAME 4 hour period. Okay, I'm gonna stop now, before I get really worked up. :)