Sunday, September 23, 2007

Because you are my therapy....

I probably should see a therapist. I’m a nutcase. Certifiable. My poor husband knew this when he married me, but I think it has gotten worse since he’s been gone. (how many days left? I don’t know. I will start the countdown when we leave his house headed for “home.” again.) Why do I think I am crazy?

I reach out for friends in crazy places like Target. Then, like the asshole you thought you had a great date with, don’t call you the next day. Or the next day. See, there I go again. Crazy. You have no idea what I am talking about.

Much like Babyfruit, I met someone. NO, husband, settle down. It wasn’t another man. It was just another mommy. A mother of another little boy about the same age as my little monster. I was talking (probably too loud, as usual) in the store about how there are NEVER any BOY clothes. Never. There are gobs and gobs and aisles cram packed of cute little pinks and purples and reds, etc. with frills for girls. And there will be three shirts and a pair of shorts for boys. In 3T. Which the monster doesn’t wear yet. So, I guess he’ll go naked for a while. Oops, I’m rambling again. Back to the topic. I was complaining about the lack of boys clothes when she nodded her head, so I told my mom.. “SEE SHE AGREES!” And we hit it off. We talked about.. Oh, who remembers? We talked about our kids and how we both stayed home. She was looking for warm footy pajamas in a 12 month size. I told her I could probably lend or give some to her, since my monster has outgrown that size recently. We traded phone numbers. And for two days I thought about calling her. I dug through the closet looking for jammies for her little boy. After finding only ONE measly pair, I though I could still offer those without seeming too desperate. Right? So, I got them all neatly folded, checked to make sure they smelled good with baby laundry soap. I planned to call her as I was running a ton of errands Friday and it would be a good time to just “meet and drop” before they went on their trip. I got in my car, got about 4 miles down the road, picked up the phone, went to dial, but looked down… and… and… I forgot the damn pajamas, so CRAP! I hung up the phone before I even dialed. Chicken. Now it will be two weeks while they are on vacation before I hear from her. And she’ll probably forget, and I’ll feel like a jerk because I didn’t call earlier. But hey, whatever. I don’t need real friends. I have my internet buddies. In a few weeks, I’ll have my husband for a few weeks again.. Until we have to come back.

Thanks for that. You’re much cheaper than actually paying a therapist who would probably give me drugs for depression, making me numb to the world and all of its joys. I feel better now, although you are probably feeling a bit used at the moment.

In other news, I’ve made another large purchase. We are still waiting for the final “signing” of everything, but we’ve purchased a Fifth Wheel, Camper, Trailer, whatever you want to call it. We got a heck of a deal too. It was appraised for the loan at nearly twice what we paid, still smells BRAND NEW and looks as though it has never been camped in. We will probably be living in it for a month in California while we wait for housing, being as there is generally a month or so wait to get in. What would be ironic? If we ended up getting the keys for a house, and the trailer ended up on a wait list for a parking spot in the storage area, THAT would be ironic. HA! How funny would THAT be? Pictures to come!

No comments: