Friday, September 21, 2007

The End of MY contribution.

I don’t want this to become the “I hate Ernie Chambers” blog, but I have thought a lot about the reasons why what he does bothers me so much:

1) He is supposed to be a professional representing a group of people. His behavior is most definitely NOT professional, and he certainly isn’t someone I’d want representing me. Anywhere. Ever. If he represented a private company with the amount of respect and forethought as he does the voters in Douglas County, he’d be quickly unemployed.

2) He wastes tax dollars and gobs of time. He spends a lot of time filibustering the state congress, over silly non-issues. His most recent waste of tax dollars, the law suit against God. Yes, it bothers me that he is suing God. But what’s worse, he’s wasting the tax dollars of his constituants to do it. His constituants can’t afford that kind of waste. I’m sure they’d rather have the schools in their area improved than to pay to extend the session by 14 hours because he wants to rant on and on.

3) He makes sweeping statements about groups of people. One example is when he said that our country was “without honor” and that “our soldiers are dying in vain in Iraq and raping women.” The way that is phrased makes it sound like rape is something our soldiers are doing to pass the time while they are away from the states.

There are more reasons, but I'm too tired to list them all. Perhaps it stems back to when I was 15 in high school. I was part of a project to see how underage kids were getting cigarettes. Basically a bunch of high school kids (myself included) went into convenience stores with the backing of the Health Department and the Police to buy cigarettes illegally. I succeeded about half the time. At 15, I looked like I was about 8, so there’s no way it should have happened. We also spent some time lobbying. At the time there was a law going through banning cigarette vending machines from areas where minors could be (bowling alleys, restaurants, etc.). We testified that the law was stupid, because children don’t go to vending machines to get cigarettes, they just go to the local gas station. I was brutally interrogated questioned by Mr. Chambers. He was as ass then. Let’s see. That was, 12 years ago. I’d like to find out exactly HOW LONG in those 30 years he has spent filibustering, making idiotic comments and making statements like suing God. HOW many tax dollars have been wasted on his showboating. And now we know the reason why I have an issue with him. He’s in it for the drama and the publicity. The stupider he behaves, the more publicity he gets. That has to be it. If he really wanted to make the world a better place, he’d find some other way. So, ladies and gentleman, I am going to try my best to ignore him. I will no longer post about Mr. Chambers, because by posting about his idiocy, I am just publicizing it more, giving him exactly what he wants.

No comments: