Saturday, September 15, 2007

It hit me...

Today it hit me how little time we have left here in Nebraska. There are three and a half months left. One of those is gone, because we'll be visiting Daddy. We'll visit my Grandfather for another week, Then we'll actually leave sometime in Mid-December if things work out the way they are supposed to. So, that brings us down to about two months. Split up. In those two months I have a lot to do. I am pretty overwhelmed when I think of all the work I have laid out for me. I have to separate my kitchen gadgets from my mother's, go through several boxes and pitch stuff I don't need, get the car ready to be transported, figure out WHERE the baby is going to sleep after the movers come. Hopefully that won't be until December? I also have to plan and throw a birthday party for the baby, travel to the other side of the world toting the one year old, look for and possibly purchase a fifth wheel camper, have a hitch installed in the truck for said camper, load and prepare camper for the trip across the country. I also REALLY want to spend some time with friends and family in the little bit of time that I have left. Leaving this time will be bittersweet. I have loved being here. The baby loves his grandparents. I didn't get to spend nearly enough time with friends. That being said, I absolutely cannot wait to be in California. With my husband. And my baby. In our own house. together.

No comments: