Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pictures...

Lately, Little Monster sees me get out the laptop and he runs to my lap yelling "PICTURES!" HE loves to look at pictures of our family, places we've been, and himself. It's a good thing he likes pictures of himself, because that's what I've got the most pictures of. I've been randomly opening a folder from the past, remembering what he was like as a busy little baby. I'm sure I'm forgetting all of the craziness he brought to our lives, the crying, the messy messy messy diapers, the whining, the lack of sleep, etc.

These are the pictures we found ourselves looking at today. They are from our first couple of weeks here in Central California. We were living in our fifth wheel trailer. He was so little, with such chubby cheeks. It's amazing how you watch them grow right before your eyes, yet you seem to miss it at the same time. It's kind of bittersweet.


When I look at these pictures, I just want to reach in, squeeze those cheeks and kiss that baby who has too quickly become a little boy. It reminds me to remember to cherish the moments now -- even when he is running on the walls and driving me batty.

2 comments:

Not the Momma said...

so that shirt was actually big on him once?

Vanessa said...

Sometimes I look at Fin and wonder where my little baby has gone, and then sometimes I look at him and I can still kind of see the baby in him. It makes me sad that he has to grow up. :(