Friday, January 09, 2009

One of those days...

Today was one of those days. You know, the days where you'd swear if your head wasn't attached you'd leave it somewhere? Yeah. Today. That was it.

A simple trip to the burger joint to meet Daddy. Little Monster woke up just in time, however he wasn't quite ready to. I got him ready to go, despite crying and whining and kicking and screaming. I probably could have done without the head spinning around on his shoulders and the tornado siren wail, but I managed to get him ready to go anyway. That must be one of those super powers God blesses you with when you squat out a fat squealing ball of love.

After wrangling him into his car seat, turning on Mermaid, and getting my sore pregnant butt into the car myself, I realized Little Monster didn't have anything to drink. So, out of the car, into the house, over the gate that keeps the dogs from tearing up the place. Then reverse that, with sippy cup of milk in tow.

Before I pulled out of the garage, I decided to double check for my military ID. I've been known to get to base, not have it, and cause problems for everyone. It wasn't in my purse. So, out of the car, into the house, over the gate, up the stairs and into my room. I must have left it in the pocket of my jeans yesterday when we went to the commissary. After digging through my pants and not finding it, I decided I probably did have it in my purse, but missed it. Reverse that, checking all of my coat pockets for insurance on the way out.

Once again, dig through the purse. Find a billion receipts, 30 tubes of chap stick, 24 pens, some pennies, an old peppermint, 3 ones, and forty 'savers' cards. But no Military ID. So, out of the car, into the house, over the gate, up the stairs and into my room. Again. Dump out the laundry hamper because the ID surely must have fallen out of my pocket as I was pulling the pants out earlier. Darn these sunglasses! They're falling off of my head. GRR! Ah. There is the military ID. Reverse the trip, get into the car, pull my sunglasses off of my head and....

Wait a minute. My sunglasses are missing.


So, out of the car, into the house, over the gate, up the stairs and into my room. For the third time. to find my sunglasses sitting on the dresser next to the laundry hamper. Put them on my head. Reverse the trip out of the house and get into the car.

I have been almost arthritic with this pregnancy. At first it was my shoulders, elbows and wrists. That has gone away. Now it's my knees, heels and ankles. I don't want to be a complainer. I know how blessed I am that I am pregnant, and have stayed that way. But this aches and pains and throwing up and not pooping and peeing every 20 seconds. It's getting a bit old. I'm not even 20 weeks yet. It's going to be a loooong pregnancy. Perhaps it's a sign from Someone upstairs that this should be my last pregnancy? All of those trips up and down the stairs, scaling baby gates as high as my hips -- well, they were a pain in my... everywhere.

That was just one little ten minute snippet of a day that has not been the best of them. I am glad it is over. Thank God for tomorrow.


Elisabeth said...

It must have been the weather. I could swear that 10 minutes was exactly the same as the 10 minutes (running late) that it took us to get out of the house to school and work.

Tomorrow WILL be a better day.

Ashlee said...

hope today is a better day for you!

Samantha said...

I think I have done that many times. I even have baby gates that close the dog in to climb over as well.

Lisa said...

LOL! I feel your pain. I think pregnancy is harder the second time around because you have to deal with the first little bundle of love that is probably not at the most agreeable age. It will go by quicker then you think though. Savor it. When I was pregnant with my 2nd we were still on the fence about weather or not we would have more. I don't think we are and I wish that I had enjoyed the pregnancy more. Hang in there!!!