Sunday, January 07, 2007

A New Year, and another New Week


The little man is getting old enough now that I have decided I have to be a "mean mommy" and try to get him into a more "mommy friendly" schedule. That's right.. A nap in the morning and a nap in the afternoon. That means I basically put him in his crib and snuggle him, turn on his music and leave. He cries for 10 minutes, I go in and soothe him and get him to stop crying and calm down a bit, and then I leave again. Yesterday it only took an hour of this for him to get a nap. We got him to sleep almost just in time to wake him up so we could watch my dad play Dodgeball.... Today, it only took one 10 minute session of crying, I went in, calmed him down and he went to sleep. Of course, he is sleeping on his tummy at naptime, rather than on his back.... He prefers to sleep that way, but at night he sleeps on his back. But playtime was quite fun today.. He sat in his Bumbo chair, and played with his mat... Yesterday I was really mean.. I made him wear his sheep clothes I bought for him in Scotland. Yes, terrible terrible touristy things, but hey... They are darn cute. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary,

He is just growing so fast. He is too cute :) He has the most beautiful eyes!

I love you having this site. So easy to come and see what's happening with you :)

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hey girl - I ADORE the outfit! I am scottish, so I appreciate those things! : )