Sunday, October 08, 2006

Weekend Fun?

Thursday was pretty uneventful. Friday I had a Dr. Appointment in the morning. That was great.. Everything is moving along nicely, and I am where I should be.. She guessed (emphasis on guess) that the baby is about 7 pounds or slightly less than that.. So... Hopefully he joins us soon!! After that we did some shopping, enough shopping that I was sick and tired of it by the time we were done... We went to Olive Garden for lunch, and I guess now you can 'taste' their wines for free... She offered it to me, before she realized I was pregnant, and then went on and on about how awesome it was.. I think there are strangers in this world who are more excited about my new child than some people I know! ha ha.

This weekend we went camping.. My last camping trip until December.. And it was really NOT camping like I grew up with. My parents have an RV, so we had beds and bathrooms and some of the more important comforts of home... It was a beautiful, albeit windy, weekend and I had a lot of fun... The next time I go camping, it will be in a "modern" cabin in December with my husband and brand new baby... We will want to "play house" as my mom puts it somewhere other than my parents house. My dad's prediction. I will be pregnant all next summer too. Ha. Not if I have anything to say about it.. At least I'm ready to be rid of my pregnant body, my pregnancy symptoms and limitations for now... Plus, I kinda want to get to know our first kid before bringing another around...

I am now nearly 38 weeks pregnant, which means the little bugger can come out now, officially.. He is considered full term.. So, while I am still fairly comfortable (I'm not ready to reach in and pull him out myself yet) I might start trying some of the old wives' tales that are supposed to get labor started... So bring on the spicy food, walking (even though it may be slow) and well, if my husband were here, he'd be happy, but since he's gone we wont' be trying that method.. Unless I can find that guy from the park bench downtown.... I still have that top.. and the shirt.. Okay, just kidding... I don't know what else. Any methods (other than castor oil) you guys know of?

No comments: