Monday, October 02, 2006

Still Pregnant, Now with NO SLEEP



So... I had some pictures taken by the gal who runs Angelic Creations Photography. She is very nice and took some neat pictures... The great thing is that she puts together a scrapbook for you, so you have something nice even before you have time to put it together yourself, and she'll come to the hospital to take pictures... You can tell I'm getting quite huge now, and that means I can't sleep at night anymore.. Of course, I had just told someone from Virginia that I was doing just fine and was sleeping through the night, minus a bathroom trip or two... So.. I am jinxed. Hopefully not too jinxed though...

I am now officially 37 weeks pregnant, and I can have a baby at any time... And now, I think I may be ready enough.. I still have to finish packing my bag for the hospital, but I'll have a few hours at home to get some final things done before we leave... The longer I can be at home, the better!

I am really pretty much in awe at this point that soon, I won't feel an alien squirming around inside of me, but instead that I will have a little tiny human to take care of... I also am having a hard time actually remembering what I looked like before I was pregnant. I can't wait to be somewhat normal again! I also can't wait to be able to....

1. Get in and out of a car/chair/bed without rolling around like a beached whale.
2. Get that caramel macchiatto without feeling guilty about its caffeine content... (now I am drinking the decaf mostly)
3. Have a margarita, a beer, and a Colorado bulldog
4. Eat fish that might contain mercury
5. Sleep on my tummy
6. Fit into my shoes again.. NONE of my previous shoes fit!
7. See my feet, heck anything below my belly button will be nice.
8. Paint my own toenails
9. Walk around without carelessly crashing my tummy into things
10. And of course, Hold and love and meet my baby

It is my birthday this week, and it will be the first time since I was probably 19 that I haven't had a beer or a celebratory glass of wine, or some other fun beverage with dinner or whatever... Oh well.. I will be able to partake soon enough... I did however schedule a prenatal massage for that day! Not that I really need one.. I don't have a lot of stress since I work from home, and at my own pace, etc. But it will still be nice. My mom wants to know what I want for my birthday... What should I ask for??

No comments: