Sunday, October 15, 2006

No News

Well, let's see... The last time I posted was the 8th. Since then I have been remarkably lazy. I have done my job and sent off my work, but then I always do that... I have tried (failingly) to keep my room clean because I really don't want to come home from the hospital to a messy room, and laid around like a BUM... Just in case you are wondering, I AM still pregnant.. and there seems to be no end in sight...

This is one of those times in my life that I have a hard time. You see, I like to have CONTROL.. I have learned to give a lot of that up since I married my huband.. Because he is in the Navy, I have virtually no control over where we live, how long we live there, and really, any plans we make could be changed last second because of something the Navy needs him to do... That hasn't been too bad.. But this time, well, it's getting old.. I have no control over when he is going to come... and that bothers me. I try to take everything one day at a time, but I hate to think that I am going to leave something undone... I have tried to tell my employer that it might not be a good idea to send me new work, but they continue. I am going to work until Tuesday. Then I am going to tell them that it is stressing me out knowing that work could be put off because I could go into the hospital at any moment. Once the baby comes, send it again (I work from home), but I don't want to leave anyone hanging...

The closer and closer I get the more scared I get. I really want to try to do it without an epidural, but we'll see how that goes.. Just the little guy's movements are getting out of control. He has had me nearly in tears recently with his poking and smashing and clawing or whatever the heck it is he is doing... BUT I have been trying to enjoy myself. Just the other night, I spent 20 minutes after I had finished my dinner watching my plate do a little dance on my belly. The baby hates it when I use him as a shelf, and tells me by trying to knock whatever it is I am storing there off.. He also tends to move a lot when I scratch my belly... It itches because the skin is stretched way beyond what I thought was possible by now. Another thing that makes him upset is when I cough or sneeze.. He gets all squirmy then.. EVERY time he squirms because I am scratching, sneezing or using him as a shelf I try to remind him that if he would come out, he wouldn't notice so much when I scratch my tummy or sneeze or cough.. and I definitley won't be using him as a shelf or a table anymore... He hasn't gotten the hint...

I know, I sound like I'm complaining, but I don't mean to. I only have one more week (and a couple of days) until my due date, so really in all reality that is about 3 weeks at MOST left... They still let you go 2 weeks over most of the time if everything is okay... So.. Not too bad, right? 3 weeks, a total really of about 24 days.. Then, he'll be here... And the second I think that.. I start to freak out, because I am not sure that tomorrow I'm going to be ready to be in charge of a whole other person whose life depends upon me. That is a scary thought. I'm not sure I'm mentally stable enough for that.. ha ha. =o) Let's hope that tonight isn't like every other night where I fall asleep, pray for labor and wake up still pregnant in the morning...

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Hey Mary.The blogs are great.Happy belated Birthday. Wish I could have been there to help you celebrate. Enjoy every minute of this pregnancy. they grow up so fast. Bobby turned 13 September 30th. I still remember being pregnate with him. The time flies. You mentioned in an earlier blog about your Dad's prediction its just wishfull thinking on his part. Grandparents can never have enough grandkids, it makes them so Proud. Take care of your self.

Cheryl