Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Start Break Dancing

That's what the little bugger needs to do.. Start break dancing... At least the part where he spins on his head.. He is facing out, (his arms and legs are on my tummy rather than my back). And if he doesn't spin around, that will mean I have a higher (supposedly) chance of back labor, long labor and emergency C-Section.. Yuk. So.. Send him "spin vibes," pray he'll turn.. Do whatever you need to.. Meanwhile, I am going to walk around my house on all fours, because that is supposed to help with that.. :) That's what my midwife suggested. I looked online and found a few other tips too. She said I have officially dropped, though, his head is IN my pelvis, which would explain why Wednesday I was able to eat like a pig when I went out with my sister. I hadn't been able to eat anything at all, and at lunch I ate a salad, two bread sticks, an entire plate of ravioli, had nearly 2 glasses of water and a caramel machiatto.. That's a lot of food!

I haven't told my husband that all that might happen, but I'm assuming he knows already. I really don't want him to freak out. He's good at that. He has been a wealth of knowledge since he left. You see, I bought him a set of books. "The Expectant Father" and the one that goes with it that talks about the first year or so... While some of the stuff he comes back with is correct, some of it makes me bust out laughing so hard I nearly pee my pants (that is a lot easier these days.. peeing my pants, not laughing). But I try to take all of his advice seriously. He is trying really hard to stay involved from such a long distance. I can't imagine being so far away from all of the exciting things that are going on here. The book is great, but sometimes he comes up with some greatly odd recommendations..

I am due in exactly one week, and I am ready to have him. Well, so long as he spins around on his head first. It is getting hard to sit here and wait. This is when I wish I had a job outside of the home, because then I would have to get up, get dressed and think about something else for a few hours a day. I am thinking about driving out to Milford tonight for dinner just to have something to do, but then again tonight IS Gilmore Girls night, so it isn't like I'll be bored like I was last night. Hmm.. Decisions decisions...

No comments: