Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Happy Birthday to ME!

Today was a good day.. Although, for some reason birthday's just aren't the same as they used to be.. I don't really know why. Is it because I am turning 26? It isn't really a "landmark" year... Maybe it is the 9 pound kid inside of me squirming and kicking me, maybe its just that I'm a grown up and still have to work.. Maybe its that my husband isn't here.. Who knows.. It just didn't feel like my birthday this year... I think it is mostly that I didn't care about my birthday. Didn't expect anything spectacular, and am more concerned about the big day that is approaching.. Hopefully in 20 days or less.. :) It is probably equally that my husband is gone.. He did send me a cute email though! and I am also more concerned with the day he comes home, that will be a couple of weeks after our child makes his grand appearance.

Today was my deadline for the baby though.. He had to stay in until today... I am now 37 weeks and 1 day, which is pretty much full term.. They won't stop labor anymore, and they can pretty much make sure he would be fine if he was born now... No chance of him being born soon though.. I am still carrying him high as a kite... How do I know? Someone told me I would know when he dropped when I "wanted to cut my legs off every time I used stairs." I use stairs a lot, and I have not yet ONCE wanted to cut off my legs... I have however wanted to remove my pelvic bone when I turn in bed... AND I have wanted to have my stomach moved to a different location so that 1) I can eat more than 10 bites of something without wanting to be sick from feeling full, and 2) I can eat something or lay down without getting massive heartburn... My feet are a bit swollen, and my shoes don't fit, but I don't have it nearly as bad as many people have had it. Next week, my sister's birthday. (By the way none of my family other than my in-laws and my parents remembered... I was ignored by BOTH sisters!) I will be doing something nice for her, unless of course, I am in the hospital... Have I mentioned that I am starting to get a bit panicky about that?? Not the labor thing.. I'll get through all of that... If I can't handle the pain, that's what drugs are for, right? I am really freaking out about taking care of another person... It's one thing to restrict alcohol soft cheeses and deli meats, not lift anything over 25 pounds and all, but to take care of a whole person.... I think it has really started to hit me, because I can feel him moving in there, and he is making movements like newborns make.. When they twitch their arms and legs when they are startled, etc. and I can TELL that is what he is doing.... He is that BIG!!

Anyways.. Today was good.. I got a prenatal massage this afternoon.. My birthday treat to myself.. I told my husband that he had gotten it for me for my birthday since he usually does something like that anyways..It was wonderful.. They didn't have one of those beds with a hole in it, but it still was really nice... I definitely reccommend it... If he doesn't appear on his due date, I will schedule another one and beg them to rub the pressure points that bring on labor. I gave a tip, but I am curious if I gave enough.. What is the protocol for tipping people when you get a manicure/pedicure/massage/hair style type thing?? Is it 10%, 20%, a couple of bucks?? I always wonder about that...

Mom and Dad took me out to dinner at Macaroni Grille, where we got the BEST service we've ever gotten there.. The lady was absolutely cute.. She kept reminding my parents that their meals weren't as important as mine because it was my birthday.. I tried the Chicken Rigatoni for the first time.. Why have I never had it before? Beats me... I will definitely get it again though, because it was delish! The only bummer was tonight was the night they ran out of tiramisu.. The entire reason for going there. Bah. We got their chocolate cake though, which was very very good..

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! And I hope you loved that massage. Keep on relaxing, chica!