Monday, October 23, 2006

Not Yet.

This is still the only picture I have of the baby. I'm still pregnant. I'm due tomorrow.. He has either decided when his birthday will be, and has it planned for the future, or he is still trying to figure it out. My husband is hoping for Halloween. I think that it is mean to wish your wife to be pregnant longer than the 40 weeks. He'll catch heck when he gets back for that. =o)

My horoscope was equally ominous today, but I won't post it. I know they are general, and if I was doing anything it would seem like it fit my life. That is the way they are written.. Plus, I know that they are completely different depending upon where you go.

This weekend was good... Friday I went to breakfast with my in-laws. We went to IHOP and boy did IHOP smell like bacon! It was good and fun, like it usually is...After that my mom got home, and we headed to walk around. She wanted to get something for lunch. We ended up at Old Chicago. It was around 2 so I ate a salad and dessert.. It had been a few hours since I ate, and I didn't eat anything heavy at IHOP... We were walking around the mall, and I walked by Gymboree and noticed that their little costumes/buntings were on sale.. I bought a beaver one for $8. It is very cute. Then we drove through Starbucks so I could get my decaf caramel machiatto, but I dropped my wallet on the floor just as my mom was ordering. She has trouble ordering anything there anyway, but when she saw me trying to reach my wallet around my ginormous stomach she started laughing so hard she could barely talk... We get to the window and the very confused barista lady was just as pregnant as me, and agreed that it wasn't nice to laugh. She is being induced tomorrow so I asked her if I could join her. I also told her about the awesome sale at Gymboree since her little one will be here early enough to wear it.

Saturday I visited a friend. I haven't seen her in a while, and it was nice to just sit and catch up and hang out for a while. The huskers played Texas and lost, but who cares. I was more worried about the snow falling. Yes, it snowed. I am not sure I am ready for the cold and the snow. I do wish that the baby would make an appearance soon because I am running out of clothes to wear. I do have some sweaters thanks to my sister-in-law. And I did buy two new pairs of maternity pants, figuring I'll still be wearing them for a while after the baby is born anyways.

Saturday night I was really tired so I went to bed early (earlier than normal.. I don't go to bed early).. but I woke up at 4 am to use the facilities, and couldn't go back to sleep. I was secretly hoping I was going into labor, but no such luck. We went to church, where I spent the majority of the time praying that 1) I wasn't going to pass out and 2) My water wouldn't break and 3) for help listening better. I felt horrible because I was having a terrible time paying attention. I was having contractions and really thought that I was going to have to leave. After I got home, I just laid down and tried to nap since I was up so early, but that didn't work. I was having backaches and other pre-labor issues, or at least I was hoping they were pre-labor related. We also visited my Great-Aunt. My mom is back at school and she was interviewing her about being.... Well, about being old to put it bluntly. It was interesting to hear everything she had to say, and heartbreaking at some points. Her husband was killed in Vietnam after having 5 kids and travelling all over the world with the military. I got home after that and did end up getting a nap. I needed it.

All in all, somehow it was a busy weekend without being completely exhausting. I want you all to know that there IS internet acceess at the hospital, so I plan on having my sister log on and at least post a one liner saying the baby is here. AFTER of course, I recieve a reply from my husband.. He gets an email first, and once I know he knows, then I'll tell the rest of the world.. After all, doesn't Daddy deserve to know first?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you are from Nebraska and you don't care that we lost to Texas. Hope James comes soon. When does Grant get back from deployment to transfer to Bahrain?

Momma Mary said...

I care that we lost. I just think that Nebraska Football is overrated... :) Not to mention, I've been in Virginia for 3 winters, and have gotten weak. It is still warm there!

Anonymous said...

I am not sure that I would say it is still warm here... It has cooled off. Warmer than Nebraska yes, but still jacket/sweatshirt weather.

Vanessa said...

So is it just the particular horoscopes you've been posting that keep talking about tying up loose ends? I think that is funny. :) Hopefully I will see you soon!