Monday, February 11, 2008

Skirting Politics.. or rather.. Politicians in Skirts.

I have been trying to avoid screaming out to the world, or internet rather, my feelings about the democratic nominee, but the time has come.

I'm afraid. Very Afraid. I don't want Hillary Clinton to be president. I'm worried for my husband's career, I'm worried for our health and retirement plan. I'm also worried that the crisis that is our health care system is going to get a million times worse if she steps into office. Why? Because I don't trust her. Don't get me wrong. I'd love to see a woman in office, but I don't want to see her in office. I don't trust her.

You're all going to hate me when I finish saying this. I'm going to alienate whatever readers I have (not many) that don't know me personally, and probably alienate those of you that do know me as well.

I. Don't. Trust. Hillary. Clinton. Do I trust McCain? No. Do I trust Obama? Not really. I don't trust any politician, but the one of these three I trust the least... Hillary. Why? Because. Her husband cheated on her, over and over again. He then lied about it. Over and Over again. And, for some reason, he's still her husband. I don't get it. Why would someone as strong and powerful as she is keep such a loser around? Because keeping him around would pave her way to the Presidency. I don't think it's because she loves him. I think it's because she was USING him. I'd also bet some advisor told her that no one who has been divorced has made it to the Presidency, let alone a divorced single woman. So, because it was a direct benefit to her, she kept him around. What does that say for who she's going to pick for Chief of Staff? What happens when her Chief of Staff lies? Is she going to keep them around becuause it will personally benefit her? I don't know. But so far, her history in that arena, in my mind... It isn't good.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Geeze Mary, I won't be reading your blog anymore! How dare you say such things about that woman! I mean really! You are FAR too kind! I am going to have SERIOUS issues if she wins the nomination, because I CANNOT vote for her, mainly for the reason that she is still married to her lying, cheating husband. Even ignoring the fact that she most likely kept him around for political reasons, what kind of example is she setting for young women? If your husband is powerful enough, it doesn't matter what he does? I can't respect her. And what is with this new idea that SHE is the underdog? Really? How? Sore loser is more like it.
So hopefully Obama keeps his momentum going. Hopefully the rest of the country sees that she isn't going to be good for the country.