Monday, February 25, 2008

Case of the Mondays..

Some Monday mornings, well, they are Monday mornings… if you catch my drift. This morning would be one of them, and I’m not sure why.

The day started out at 6:00AM, a whole hour earlier than necessary, when a client called. I ignored it. I always explain that I’m in California when I call my east coast buddies, so they understand. We rolled back over until it was time to get up. I didn’t sleep well last night, and those last few minutes of sleep would really do me good. Not a chance of that this morning. Either Not the Momma is extra loud getting ready or I'm extra sensitive today. He doesn’t know it if he's being loud, though. He’s sick and can’t hear because his entire head is filled fluid. He’s congested and he feels like “hammered dog poo.” Before he leaves, he requests to have clean underwear tomorrow. (In his defense, I’ve yelled at him for doing laundry every time he’s tried since he’s been home – my bad.)

I need to do the laundry today. I also need to clean the house. The entire house, because for some reason, a weekend can’t go by without the house getting trashed. So, I have a huge task to deal with. I don’t know why it is that during the weekend, the house seems to explode with mess, but it does. I am starting with the upstairs this week, because usually, it gets the half-baked job because I'm tired by the time I get to that part of the house.

I got up and started my day. As I went to prepare my morning coffee, I opened the dishwasher to empty it. But, the dishes were dirty. The dishwasher went on strike last night – yet again. It’s not broken. It just decides not to run in the middle of the night, when it’s most convenient for me, even if I push the Start Button after the 4 hour delay button. I restarted it, and got my coffee ready. As I contemplated my day, and worked on getting through my Google Reader list, the hot, fresh, delicious Cinnamon Vanilla Nut Coffee, I worked so hard to make (read: yesterday’s coffee, poured into a cup and nuked) spilled. None got into my laptop, but it was all over the table, the wall, and the floor. Luckily, my already hyper terriers decided to pitch in and help me clean up the mess. That will be fun. Two already hyper dogs on a caffeine high. After cleaning up the coffee spill, and making another cup, I sat down to continue contemplation.

Little Monster is mad at me because I shut off the TV. Somehow, in the past few weeks, he’s learned how to be a zombie in front of that thing. It’s very convenient when I need a few minutes of peace, but, I’m not sure I like that he just zonks out in front of it. We’re going to need to figure out some rules regarding how much time he's allowed to spend in front of it. He’s too little to be addicted to anything other than milk, especially that crap. At least he's still happy with PBS Sprout. In protest, he threw his entire serving of Cheerios to the floor, giggling as the dogs ran around like the hyper caffeinated dogs they are to help him clean up that mess. Then he complained because he was hungry and wanted more.

I finally got him settled, and I returned to my computer… This time, I decided I should probably at least look at my design stuff, rather than giving in to my addiction (the blogs). Little Monster climbed into his high chair (he can do that now, isn’t that exciting? ßcan you sense the sarcasm?), and reached for my cup of coffee. Determined not to let it spill, again, I grabbed it. At the same time he did. I told him no and tried to get it away from him. At that point, he decided I was the boss. Really? When did he decide that I make rules? As he let go, the coffee went flying in the other direction. right. into. my. laptop. keyboard. That's two coffee spills so far today. As for my laptop, so far it is working. When I cleaned the coffee out of it, I had to push some buttons, though. I looked back at Google Reader. I didn't feel guilty about not working anymore. My entire Google Reader list that was previously "unread" became "read." 100+ Things I wanted to at least skim through. At least Little Monster saved me some time.

It is 9:03AM. I think I’m ready to go back to bed now.


glitterrs said...

Because of California's energy crisis, I know that some places do voluntary shut our place turns off the hot water between 12.30 and 4am every other night. Maybe your dishwasher has decided to go green.

Ashlee said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! And love that you left me a happy comment. Those are my favorite. :0)
I am soooo feeling for you right now. My house explodes over the weekend too. It drives me crazy! Why is it that when hubby is home it all of a sudden turns into a tornado zone? Drives me crazy. Mondays are cleaning days in my house too. Sigh.

Montay said...

So fun I love the Blog I found you thru Ashlee we are comment crazy we love when people come and then really leave us a anything at all Hi, By, Love it , Hate it, whatever so I say Hi to you love the blog and I will come see you again sometime.

Vanessa said...

Oh, fun. We are getting into a climbing phase. It is too much fun. Uh, yeah.

Don Mills Diva said...

It's hard to turn the tv off isn't it? I only let him watch for the first time a few months ago (he's 27 months) and now he wants it on constantly - it's like I've created a monster!

art-sweet said...

Glad I'm not alone in the coffee-spewing division - and thanks for de-lurking!