Monday, August 25, 2008

It's a Love-Hate Relationship.

Ah, Monday morning. How is it going to go?

Little Monster is screaming HEY! HEY! MOM! MAAAAAMAAAAA! HEY! DAAAAAAAADEEEEEEEEE! HEEEEY! (BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG on the wall). I roll over and pretend not to hear. It is a little earlier than I want to get up. Not the Momma is loudly (it isn't his fault the cheap tubs creak) taking his morning shower. HEEY!!! MOM! MOM! MOM! MOM! HEEY!! NOOOOO! The sun is peeking through the curtains that didn't get pulled shut and shining RIGHT! INTO! MY! EYES! I roll over onto my back and try to coax my eyes open. I see that the dogs are staring at me from their perch at the foot of the bed. Their big eyes and ears laying flat on their head say "hello! I really have to go here!" UH-OH! rings from the room across the hall. I guess I do, indeed, need to get up.

Mondays are busy. I try to get the house cleaned and get the grocery shopping done. This week, I wouldn't have to go -- except I forgot to buy Little Monster waffles last week, and now we're out.

It's a new week. It's a new day. The sun is shining and the house is trashed from yet another weekend of craziness. I can do one of two things: grumble and get up, be crabby and ruin every one's day because I had to get up too early OR I can get up and get with it. This morning, I got with it. The bed is already stripped, I'm enjoying my coffee while Little Monster pulls at my sleeve so I'll help him into my lap for the fortieth time in the last five minutes only to want down to roll his car across the kitchen. I'm excited. I want the house to be clean, I want to feel that relaxed feeling when everything is in its place.

Okay, do you want to know the real reason? I want a chance to crawl back into bed. And if the house is clean, if my work is done, I'll be able to sleep when Little Monster takes his nap. And that, my friends is worth getting out of bed early for!

2 comments:

Alison said...

Hope you were able to get your nap in. :)

Vanessa said...

Oh, nap, how I love thee! If only nap time was a sanctioned part of my work day, life would be so great!