Thursday, August 23, 2007

That's right! It's Official...



The little bugger is walking... Please forgive the fact that he is nearly nude. The child hates clothing now. He attempts to take it off every chance he gets. I am just counting my blessings *knock on wood 100000 times* that he hasn't discovered the fun of removing his diaper. Also, please forgive the fact that he is chewing on what appears to be a dog collar. He has been fascinated with that disgusting thing since birth. At that moment getting his precious first (or probably second) set of first steps on video so Daddy could witness the event took precedence over a bit of hygiene. Besides, the tantrum that would have followed would have ruined my afternoon.

Now Daddy is bound and determined that we should not try to have another child. His fear is that our children will become so smart that they will take over the household and we will end up hog tied in the closet while they run wild. Please, reassure him (and me just a bit) that his "vision" is very far-fetched and will NOT come true!

In other developments. I no longer need to nurse him to sleep. I do nurse him before bed... But he no longer REQUIRES it. I can just hold him and love him and kiss him. Tonight, he wanted me to hold his hand until he fell asleep. How sickly sweet is that? (By the way, my husband is now going to need reassuring that even the most macho of men loved their mommies when they were babies, and that he will not turn out to be some "sissy" boy because of this most recent development.)

update: I've also decided after watching the video again that perhaps I should explain that I'm NOT drunk. I was standing up and tried to sit down so the baby would walk to me. I apologize for the shakiness. There are dogs everywhere here.. (three, but there seems like millions when its raining.) They all have their part too.. Kleenex is licking her paws, Chewie makes his appearance at the beginning and promptly leaves. Buster... He's the white "fluff" you see to the right of the screen. He is passed out on the couch.. While I can honestly say that I was not drunk.. I am not in a position to vouch for that old man's sobriety. =o)

No comments: