Tuesday, August 07, 2007

It's been nearly a month?

Time sure does fly when you're busy as... well, busy. We got back from Bahrain. That was fun. The flight back was less then optimal, but it could have been much much worse. We were in the VERY VERY last row and the plane was incredibly crowded for much of the flight. There was no food at any of the stops.. except one, where we weren't allowed to leave the terminal area to get it. KFC had never smelled so good in my life. We didn't have much of a jet-lag problem. The plane ride is long enough that it pretty much took care of that for both of us.

When we returned, we tried to relax a bit but things ended up being insane. We got back to Nebraska Thursday and got to the house around 4pm. We skipped out (sorry guys!) on my in-laws because the baby had been in a car/plane for way too long already and was a bit cranky. We drove in to visit them the next day and spent the entire day with them. Saturday we went to the lake for part of the afternoon. There was a waterski tournament which was fun.

Sunday. Sunday I had lots of plans. Go to church with the in-laws. When that failed, I thought I'd go to the lake for a bit. But that failed too. Why? I had the worst flu I've had in 7 years. We are talking about in the bathroom on the pot holding the trashcan sick for over 14 hours. I was VERY glad that we didn't attempt to head out anywhere, because it would have been miserable. It took me a couple of days to recover from that, then just as I was beginning to feel like I could walk without passing out my Mom got it. We got through it because we had to. Wednesday we left for the 2007 Midwest Regional Waterski Tournament. That was great fun too, until Saturday. When the wind started blowing. And didn't stop. Ever. We spent a bunch more time in the RV with the a/c running than I would have liked.. But we still had fun watching everyone ski, getting some photos, swimming and walking around. On our way home we had some engine trouble, which was funny and crazy. The RV stopped wanting to go faster than 55, then 45, then 35, then 0. Yes. We were stuck on the side of the road. The baby woke up and thought it was great fun to be in the RV while cars were whizzing by. He was rather upset when my Dad got everything running again and he had to be put back into his carseat. He ended up stopping in Concordia KS at Walmart, buying some fuel stabilizer and a new fuel pump, installing all of that and then filling up with gas. (He thought it was bad gas?)

So. Now I am sitting here... frantically trying to catch up on my work, waiting for even more to come in. Trying to figure out what the heck we are going to about getting packed. This Friday evening we take off for Bakersfield CA. Yes, we are going to Nationals. There was some confusion about whether my Dad qualified. He didn't. He is still ranked #2 Overall for the entire Midwest Region, though, so that is something. My Mom will be Chief Safety at Nationals... So she'll be stuck at the lake... However, the baby and I I'm sure will be spending a bit more time doing other things.. Visiting my newly engaged friend.. (I'm so excited!) and well, seeing the inside of the hotel... Because I do have to work sometime!

No comments: