Friday, May 04, 2007

Cinco de Cuatro?

So... There has been a LOT of wedding drama. I don't know if I blogged about it at all, but to make a long story short. I am now the matron of honor, and the maid of honor and best man are no longer in my sisters wedding. It has been a horrible couple of days for her... My mom and I had already planned on getting Chipolte and having margaritas tonight as an early Cinco de Mayo celebration... Which, I mistakenly called.. "cinco de cuatro" not once, but twice.. Then my mom accidentally called today cinco de cuatro.. So.. "CINCO DE CUATRO" it was.. It really isn't funny... But after you have a few margaritas it gets funnier.. Since we had planned it anyway we invited my sis and her fiance over to join us. It was awesome. Everyone was relaxed. Even the little man had a good time until we had to put him to bed. We had a great time tying up some of the whole "wedding planning" loose ends that needed to be done...

We also went to the zoo today... We had a blast.. My mom, the monster, my sister-in-law and three of hers came. It was great watching the kids run around and look at the animals. I was surprised at how small the Lincoln Zoo seemed. I swear it was larger when I was a kid... But then, everything is larger when you are a kid.. However, for a trip that included four children and three of them being aged two and under, it was perfect. We fed the goats, and the Camels. The camels were too cute. The best part of the trip was the fact that the oldest of the three there responded to everything with "I know." So at one point, my sister-in-law asked him what the water trough was in the camel pen. He said.. "I don't know." But then changed his mind. He did know. HE knows everything. THAT was the camels' bathtub. (see photo above) Two hours was all it took to see everything. Anything longer would have been too much for the kids... As it was my monster crashed by the time we left. Here's a pic of all of us... The monster was clingy so I had to hold him, otherwise it would just be the 'grandkids.' I think we are planning on doing it again...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so i just got my laptop a couple days ago and i've been working on catching up...wtf? holy hell i missed a bunch of stuff! well specifically i'm talking about you being matron of honour!!!