Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Let the mobilization BEGIN!!!

No, I'm not talking about any military actions or strikes.. I'm talking about the baby!! He IS MOBILE!!!! In the past few days he has learned more than I can imagine!! He has decided to smack things away from him when he doesn't want them, even throwing a tantrum to keep things away from him. He went from a pathetic backwards scootch to a very slow army crawl/creep to fully crawling with tummy off of the ground to pulling himself to standing.. when Daddy was home, he was only beginning to crawl with tummy up. Since Daddy left, though he has become a lean mean crawling machine!! I don't mind his newfound mobility, except that it means I have to really pay attention. He definitely cannot be left alone in a room AT ALL because he is a stinker and gets into things. As for pulling himself up on things.. I was a bit excited about that as well... until....

Yes.. The terd decided the same day that he learned to pull himself up.. That he was going to try to escape from his crib at bedtime.. Now.. normally I put him to bed and he cries for a few minutes.. The other night it WAS NOT STOPPING!! So I checked on him and this is what I found... The reason why he hadn't fallen asleep in the middle of the crying is because he was STANDING UP!!! He was using the crib bumper pad as a step and trying to launch himself out. Needless to say one project we need to take care of this week is lowering the crib mattress so that he can't do that. My little man is growing up WAAY TOO FAST!!! He has only been around for 7 months, and he is only a few short steps away from walking!! (he does pretty well if we help him out.. and he tries, but falls every time at this point...)

In other news.. Well, I can't tell you!!! I have great great great news.. BUT alas.. As I learned in my anti-terrorism training today.. I already tell you freaks and weirdos way too much about what is going on in our lives... So... IF I know you... then you can post a comment, and I'll email you my super duper wonderful fanatbulous news!! But.. then, if you know anything about the military, you might have a clue as to what it is anyways! ;)

2 comments:

McKenzie said...

I can't believe that James is only 1 day older than Nat, and he is light years ahead of him! Wow - I don't envy you, though!

I'm dying for your great great great news, unless it's what you've already shared with us on AB.

Vanessa said...

I want your news. I am messaging you at myspace. Pllbt!