Sunday, May 13, 2007

This started out as a short update....

For those of you who are wondering where I've been. I've been in "weddingland." That's what I'm calling it... Bachellorette Parties (pictures to come on flickr.. fun!), planning, tying literally hundreds of bows, etc. The little man has been good lately. Sleeping is still an issue. I assume it will remain one until he's in his own apartment/college dorm? This next week should prove to be very busy. Swimming lessons, typical dinner with the in-laws, dress pickups, husband pick up (yay!!), family photos, Wedding Rehearsals, Weddings, etc. And then it will be time to drop off the husband at the airport (boo!!)

Update on the kid: We had his 6 month appointment last week. He is 21 lbs 10 oz, he's grown almost two inches, and he's got FOUR teeth ready to emerge. I guess that explains his most recent cranky spell. Or perhaps he's just trying to keep me on my toes. He said "mama" the other day. CLEAR AS DAY. He was trying to get my attention, but wasn't really saying anything, then out of the blue.. he said Mama, It was so sweet. I'm not sure he meant it, but still.. It was nice to hear it. So so cute. He is crawling/creeping all over the place. We really need to start baby proofing things and get a baby gate. For now, I just pay close attention to him. His new favorite toys are a dog bowl, a mixing spoon, and two cardboard ribbon spools (minus the ribbon). I almost forgot about the plastic Easter egg. He seems to like playing with that as well.

In my photography world, I haven't had much time for photographs. I have taken some new ones, and they'll be posted soon. BUT I must say that I am very proud of one photograph. The banner at the top of this page was taken by me! Yes. I took it, cropped it and added it. I have to come look at my page every once in a while just to see it. I am still looking for a good digital SLR Camera... But I don't want to spend too much more than 1000 dollars after everything is said and done.. So it won't happen for a while.

Mother's Day was great. I got a card (and a gift, which has yet to show up at the house.. Not his fault, he ordered it mid-April) from my husband. My son (with a bit of help from my mom) got me a Boyd's bear figurine which I LOVE.. A mom holding her baby boy. And my mother-in-law bought me two pairs of capris, a shirt and a dress... Well, she provided the funding along with a GREAT coupon I had! It was a very very happy shopping day. I got into a size 4 very comfortably, which I honestly thought I'd never see again. I just hope that once I'm done nursing I STAY in that size? This is the second time that has happened, though. The first time I thought it was a fluke. Guess not so much? I made cute little pots (I hope my mother-in-law isn't reading this!! -- I haven't seen her to give her the gift yet) with the grandkids for the moms. I spent Saturday running around which included going over to my brother's house to paint the pot. The kids painted flowers and then I applied paint to their little fingers or toes and we turned their prints into ladybugs. We did this in my preschool class and they turned out so cute! I made a similar one for my mother-in-law which includes a couple of caterpillar toe prints (my favorite!), and one for my sister (the godmother). While we were out we also ran into Happy D. Klown and the manager of the Osco (CVS) store gave me a free Mother's Day balloon. We got my mom a really nice reclining lounge chair for the lake/to read in at home. I think she likes it a lot. She is afraid to put it outside for fear it will be ruined.. So I guess that is good. For the Mother-in-law, well, you'll have to wait. I can ruin the cute gift, but not the one I bought!

I have rambled on long enough. I won't be updating again for a few days... unless I am unable to sleep the next few nights because I'm too excited about the husband's visit!!

No comments: