Thursday, January 31, 2008

I-GO Sucks.. I-GO Sucks!!!!

A while ago, my power adapter for my laptop went *POOF.* After all the smoke settled, I had no power. Remember the panic? I do. I went out and bought some cheap thing to get me through while I was in Bahrain. When I got home, I went to Radio Shack and proceeded to buy the ONLY adapter they had that would work with my laptop. THE most EXPENSIVE piece of crap on the face of the planet. Oops.. back to my story... I got home and bought an I-Go.. seemingly a great piece of equipment.. works with everything (except anything we tried to use with it), works anywhere... Well, the tip broke.. I went to Radio Shack to get a new one.. Turns out, they don't sell that tip seperately.. we had to buy a NEW package.. A NEW $130 box. Because it had only been a few days, Radio Shack was awesome and just replaced it.. So I didn't have to pay....

So.. There I was sitting at my computer, when all of a sudden, I notice that my power meter is low... even though it is "plugged in." Turns out my tip split again.. Only this time, I'm thousands of miles away from my friendly Radio Shack dude who broke the rules and replaced my I-Go for me, and months after the purchase. Certainly no one is going to do anything for me in this instance? Turns out I-Go still doesn't have a 103 tip sold seperately... And if you could see my stats, you would know that I-GO Tip 103 is one of the most popular searches to find my page.. BECAUSE IT SUCKS....

If you are looking to buy an I-Go.. Don't. Buy the $70 replacement power cord from Dell or Gateway or Motorola or whatever.. Then, Buy a $30 piece that converts your DC power in your car to AC power for your device. Seriously, I think you can even get them cheaper than that. They sell them at WalMart. THEN, remember that the little plug for the airplane you get in that fancy box is shit. They only have the power plugs like that in first class.. And if you fly first class that often, you're not worrying about a freakin' measley $130 power adapter.. right? So.. yeah.. Until I-Go gets with it and decides to sell the tips seperately, I'd go somewhere else...

No comments: