Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Dora the Exasperatingly annoying?

Am I the only person who thinks that Dora the Explorer is obnoxious? Seriously... We've only watched it a few times, and not on purpose. She yells throughout the entire show. I just don't get it. Yelling doesn't get the message across better... Can't they make it so that she's just talking rather than screaming about everything? Then there's her old buddy the map. He's just plain grating. I understand they're trying to help kids learn to remember things, but seriously.. If I have to hear the phrase "forest, path, lake" or hear his stupid song one more time, it might cause me to teeter over the edge and go from slightly insane to the nut job rocking in the corner talking to herself while ringing her hands and giggling uncontrollably.

I like the fact that they are pretty educational... The episode with Diego and the Macaroni Penguins was really informative... But, I think we're going to opt for less abrasive television from now on. Because I like to be able to sit and play with the Little Monster while the TV is on--without wanting to hurl every single toy the child owns through the screen just to shut up some cartoon character.

Please tell me that Dora isn't taking up the slot that Pocoyo would have, because, well, pocoyo is so damn cute it's crazy... and who doesn't want a pink elephant and a duck for best friends?? Seriously, go check it out... http://www.pocoyo.com/ If you click your language, you can go to the screening room and watch an episode. love that show.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you....amen... I can not stand Dora and do not let Mady watch it. She loves Blues Clues though, and I kinda like that show....