Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Published....

So.. I got my letter to the editor published yesterday. It was great news for me. I simply cannot get over the comments that have been made. I am considering getting the transcript from that day to get his whole comment. Apparently, he proposed an amendment to the gold star license plate bill. (I looked up the bill and its amendments on our state's website.) The amendment would have allowed for the KKK to have their own license plate as well. This bothers me just as much as the comment he made previously about soldiers raping women, etc. How dare he equate the military with the KKK? I would think that would upset all groups of people. Interesting note: He is the only state senator for our unicameral legislature that does NOT have an email option on the state's website... Perhaps he was getting a bit too much hate mail?

I cannot complain about everything Mr. Chambers does. Someone told me that he makes the other senators think, which he does. He really fought OPS when they tried to re-draw the district lines. Which he should have; it would have essentially segregated the schools. However, he certainly needs to learn to pick his battles. I would think that his constant filibustering and ridiculous amendment proposals would irritate the other senators to the point that they would automatically turn off whenever he opens his mouth. It certainly would me.

Links to the state website so you can write Mr. Chambers about his comments, and the page for the Lincoln Journal Star's Letter to the Editor Page.

http://journalstar.com/articles/2007/06/13/opinion/letters/doc466ddb41b9373719663597.txt
Article

http://www.unicam.state.ne.us/web/public/senators/bios/chambers
Mr. Ernie Chambers Contact Information

No comments: