Wednesday, June 20, 2007

It's Done!

The baby's scrapbook is done... If you know me, then you'll know which one is mine.. Otherwise you can take a look at the photographers page. She has a package that includes a pregnancy portrait session, an "on-call" photographer for the day of delivery at the hospital, and then another studio session two weeks or so after the baby was born. I had someone who was our "designated" photographer who was taping/etc. since Daddy wasn't home to witness... It also allowed us to get three studio sessions with one including Daddy when he was home between commands this winter. It was great. I am sad that I probably won't be having my next child here so that we can do the same thing for them. I think it turned out wonderfully. Here is her webpage: http://angeliccreationsphotography.com/ I know, blatant advertising for her, but she did a great job, and I love the pictures!



In other news the baby got to go "waterskiing" this weekend. No, I did not attempt to stick an 7 month old baby who cannot stand unsupported onto waterskis.. He sat on a "zip-sled" with Grampa while we pulled the boat pretty slowly. He didn't protest the experience at all, which leads me to believe that he enjoyed it. At least I hope he enjoyed it!

We are getting ready for a long trip... I am very excited and very nervous as well. We are flying. Tell me, what is a woman to do with all of the stuff? I have a checked bag for each of us, as well as his carseat and stroller (they together count as one other checked bag... Thank you Southwest Airlines!!). Along with that, I'll have MY laptop (my carryon) and his diaper bag (one carry on, one personal item). I'm not so concerned about getting ONTO the flight, or transferring from one plane to the next. I'm most concerned about HOW in the world I'm going to deal with a cranky baby at 11pm at night and all of this baggage at the car rental counter, during the shuttle to the rental car and all of that. I think I might go insane! We'll see. The second leg, however should be easier, except that I have to lug his carseat in addition to our carryon items and him. He'll be strapped into it in the plane, but in the meantime, getting all of that onto the plane, including him (without his stroller, because the airline will not allow me to bring that as carryon) should be quite comical... So, if you see some poor girl with a giant 7 month old and a million bags.. Say a prayer for her... After all, it could be me.

No comments: