Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Time it is a flyin'

This week has been busy. Not really doing anything, but busy anyway. We went shopping with my sister. I swear between the two of us we tried on every dress in the damn mall. NOTHING fit me the way I wanted it to... Everything fit her perfectly. We both left empty handed. It was depressing. Of course, she's 21 and didn't have a baby a mere 5 months ago. I keep forgetting that it has only been a few months and that I perhaps should give myself a bit more time before expecting my body to go back to normal. It is also terrible that all the cute dresses are back in. Dresses I will wear. Sundresses. I love them.. But, now my boobs are too big and my tummy not flat enough for most of them.. BOOOO!! HISSS!!!!! It is one time when I miss being pregnant.. because I didn't have to worry about a tummy.. when your pregnant your tummy is SUPPOSED to bulge...

The baby has been growing leaps and bounds. He sits by himself, eats by himself some of the time and tries most of the time. He is beginning to be mobile. Rolling around on the floor, trying to crawl. It is sad. The baby days are very short!

I have continued going to pilates class, and I like it a lot. The baby starts swimming lessons next Monday, so that will be fun. I will have to go to a different class. I am not sure about that, but it will only be for a few weeks. Then it will be back to my regular class. I wish this teacher taught more than the three per week. I would be more likely to go more than the twice per week that I am going now. Perhaps I should mention that to someone... And ask her if there are plans for her to teach more classes? She might start teaching a stretching class soon, immediately before pilates. Just in time. The baby will be old enough I will be more comfortable leaving him there for a bit longer. He does really well there anyway. The gal that is usually there when I drop him off went to the same high school as I did (I finally got up the nerve to ask her). At first I wasn't sure if that is a good thing.. Technically, I still don't know. It doesn't matter. The little guy adores her. He smiles when he sees her and is still happy when I am done with my class. That's all that matters, right?

For all of my Lincoln buddies... I am thinking we need to get together more often. How and when I don't know. Heck, if I have to have a BBQ once a month, maybe I will. ;) I hung out with some friends the other night and it was great fun. Gossipping about high school folks, etc. was the theme of the night. Nothing bad. Basically lame information as to who was where, etc. I wonder who will show up at the reunion? I don't know if I will be able to make it. We'll be in California by then.... Hmm.. Maybe Gretchen and I can carpool.

No comments: