Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Torture?

No. Just making my husband try a new thing... Indian food. We'll see how he likes it. What a great wife am I? I thought I was making him eat some funky food on his birthday, but truly... His birthday isn't quite here yet!

I think he's appeasing me because he's in the midst of a guilt complex. You see, I traveled several thousand miles, spent over 24 hours in airplanes and airports with an infant to come here. What have we done? We have been to the base to eat, etc. Off base where have we been? The MegaMart, Dairy Queen, Starbucks and the Seef Mall. That's why he feels guilty. What he's not thinking about is the fact that we are up during the middle of the night, so not much is open and it is dark. He's afraid to take me to the Tree of Life, because wants me to be able to visit again. What you say? There is a local legend that if you come to this island and do not visit the Tree of Life, you are destined to return. So because he wants me to return, he doesn't want me to go to the Tree of Life, guaranteeing me a return visit.

Well, I am going to fix something for the baby (and possibly the husband?) to eat. I'm not sure Chicken Tikka Masala is an appropriate food for an 8 month old. Oh, I'll be back later to let you know what he thought of Indian food. I'm (really both of us are) afraid he's going to hate it.

No comments: