Friday, July 13, 2007

i've had some fights...

with the stairs, with the TV cabinet... and now the baby wants to play too!

So I was taking a dirty stiiiiinky diaper out to the trash. No big deal.. except that the stairs are marble, and being as were in the desert, coated with a fine layer of dust. So, wearing flip flops is a big no-no. I was stepping off of the landing onto a new flight of stairs when I lost my footing. The diaper rolled down the stairs (luckily not exploding) and I tried to follow. I grabbed the railing with my right hand and braced with my left, while my bum smacked hard into one then two then three separate stairs. After sitting there catching my breath, I stood up, walked the rest of the way down and tossed the diaper. I then took the elevator up, and proceded to the bathroom to throw up. The husband thought it was all the diaper.. (How he managed to NOT hear my tumble is beyond me.) Initially my right hand hurt worse.. after the shock wore off I had a sharp pain in my left arm, and the right one felt fine. I also couldn't sit on anything hard. So.. we sat up until 9am, (we sleep days since daddy is on night shift.. kept us from changing the baby's schedule) then went to the doctor. They scheduled an appointment for 2:00. So we took the baby home, put him back to bed. Then we stayed up until I left. I got to the doctors, they said I sprained my wrist. Thank goodness nothing is broken.

I walked home in the hottest part of the day.. yay. That was a fun experience.. 107 with a heat index of hell. Seriously. On base they used to have signs saying the heat index. they gave up. i've never seen one with an actual number... they all just say "heat index."

I got home and daddy and the baby were asleep. Good. The baby was fighting sleep the entire time, and Daddy needed it because he actually has to work. So to try to keep both the boys sleeping, I walked into the bedroom without turning on the light. As I walked around to my side of the bed, I walked into the tv cabinet. If that didn't wake the husband up, then the cursing and door slamming that immediately followed did.

I am now banned from the stairs, and all sharp objects. He doesn't want to spend any more time in medical. Oh, and yes. the baby likes the new additions. He likes to pull and tug on my splint tags, roll and sit on my arm (which he probably always did I just notice it now). His favorite thing to do, however, is poke at the new purple spot on my leg. The best was his fake sad face when I asked him to stop. Apparently its fun to watch mommy's face when he pushes the big purple button on her leg.

Okay.. so the internet connection is slow.. i have pictures of the battle wounds in flickr. Otherwise, I will add them later when the connection speeds up..

No comments: