Monday, November 06, 2006

The Milk Wizard


Okay, so it was really a lactation consultant.. But she was a miracle worker!! I was so ready to give up on the whole breastfeeding thing, which was completely depressing to me.. My entire life was consumed with pump, feed the baby, sleep or eat or do laundry. Start over... The pump/feedings took an hour, then there is an hour off...

I went to see her today, and she really helped me teach him that there was something yummy to be found.. So far today, I've only had to give him 1 oz by bottle, and that was only to settle him down because he was hysterical from being so hungry... Everything else has been all me.. So when I pumped this time, it was because I WANTED to so I can build up a supply for my hubby so he can feed the litte tyke when he gets home.. It will help with the whole bonding thing... But it is really nice, because I feel more free than I did before.. I feed the baby when he is hungry, and that's it... It may still take an hour sometimes if we are having issues, but it is a heck of a lot more relaxing to feed him that way than to listen to the droll of the pump for 20 to 30 minutes every two hours!

No comments: